Updated: Jun 22
CPS is looking for highly experienced Low Voltage Security & Communications Systems Installation Lead Technicians to join our team immediately. Our Lead Technicians install and maintain: low voltage copper and fiber data and voice structured cabling systems; network-based video surveillance systems; facility card access control systems; WiFi Access Point (WAP) modules; and associated network based data communication systems and peripherals for schools, offices, factories, and various other businesses/buildings. This experienced technician will also troubleshoot first level customer system problems with our IT Technicians, in addition to other related duties as assigned. CPS will pay for all additional training and certification levels as you progress up the ladder. Your compensation is determined based on skill level, experience and any certifications. Entry into Fire Alarm systems projects is a new initiative for CPS. This applicant will be proficient in Fire Alarm systems installations and critical in establishing us as a quality service provider in this fire alarm product area.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
· Exposure and understanding of structured cable, video surveillance, card access control, fire alarm, and WiFi equipment and installations.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose issues beyond our systems.
· Able to address projects and complete work in a timely, concise, complete manner
· Effectively and equally work independently or within a crew of technicians.
· A strong sense of quality and ability to perform work at sustained superior standards typical of CPS.
· Maintains and is responsible for tools, equipment and supplies used in performance of duties.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Technical knowledge of network and ancillary hardware/software
· Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
· Prior work history in the area of electronics/computer systems troubleshooting and repair
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
· Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
· Ability to work well in a highly motivated team environment
· Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills, Strong written and oral communication skills, Presentable, Highly organized and detail oriented
· Understands proper cable installation techniques including building code requirements pertaining to low voltage cable installations
· Ability to visualize remote job requirements
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to read English with good comprehension and articulate in fluent English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as equipment schedules, floor plans, engineering drawings, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees at all levels of the organization
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Able to sense priorities, and executes tasks based upon urgency and importance
· On-call availability, ability to work flexible hours due to customer scheduling requirements
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand tools, and to handle other computer/networking/system components
· Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, and peripherals
· Valid, current Driver’s License
· Pass Background Check that includes obtaining a State of Illinois PERC Card due to involvement with various customer owned security systems. This is done at CPS’ expense.
· Normal work territory includes Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin, and Northern Indiana
· Uses time wisely and effectively, Willingness to follow direction and learn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please apply through the link below: